Rabbit with garlic
- Un conejo cortado en trozos (1.5 Kg).
- 8 garlic cloves.
- 1 lemon.
- Pepper and parsley.
- Oil and salt.
– In this step, we want to get the oil to taste the garlic. For this, in a frying pan we will put a cup of olive oil and 8 cloves of garlic. We’ll leave it for about 30 minutes on a low heat.
– Garlic cloves should not be burnt, if we observe that they are toasted excessively, we will lower the fire a little more.
– Finally, remove the cloves of garlic, and reserve the oil.
– We also reserved 2 cloves of garlic that we will use for the vinaigrette in the next step.
– We prepare a lemon vinaigrette, which we will use as a sauce for the rabbit and potatoes.
– We will use 8 tablespoons of olive oil, the juice of half a lemon, and the 2 cloves of garlic that we had reserved from the previous step.
– Crush the 2 cloves of garlic well with a mortar, until left as a puree. Then, add the oil slowly, while stirring, with the help of hand rods. Finally add the lemon, a teaspoon of chopped parsley and beat until well let it.
– Note: the vinaigrette oil is not the one we prepared in the previous step, we must use a good virgin olive oil.
– To fry the pieces of rabbit, we will use the oil with flavor of garlic that we have prepared at the beginning.
– Put the oil to heat over medium-high heat. As soon as it is hot, add the rabbit, previously salted, and fry until golden and crisp (about 3 minutes on each side).
– We chopped a very fine clove of garlic.
– We put 4 or 5 tablespoons of the oil with garlic flavor in a clay pot (we could also use a frying pan), we add the minced garlic and we gently bake it, we incorporate the rabbit and we leave it 3 minutes more.
– We serve it with some fries and we add the lemon vinaigrette above.